The Giving Tree

God has provided in so many ways! This tracks God's faithfulness in financing this journey. Thank you for giving to Grow God's Kingdom. simple fundraisers
Free thermometers
to track your
green fundraisers I am looking for 31 monthly sponsors to fund one day each month ($20.00 per month) and pray on that day each month. On that day I will be praying for you as God continues to work in the US through you and the calling He has on your life. This tracks the number of committed monthly sponsors. simple fundraisers
Free thermometers
to track your
green fundraisers
FUND A MINUTE, HOUR, OR DAY





I did the math and this is cool: Below I have included a chart with how much it will cost for me to carry the GOSPEL to Kenya: Every minute counts and so does every penny, and when you think in terms of lives hearing and understanding the Gospel of Christ… we can’t afford not to give!



Expenses



Yearly

$ 6,000.00



Monthly

$ 500.00



Daily

$ 16.44



Hourly

$ 0.68



Minute

$ 0.01



Even a penny could change a life for all eternity.



Proverbs 11:25 “He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.”







Followers



Support the Adventure

Please consider supporting my African Adventure! All donations are potentially tax deductible through the International Sports Federation (a 501c3 organization). You can either pay electronically through paypal, or you can SEND A CHECK to International Sports Federation, PO BOX 2788, Acworth, GA 30102. Make sure to put "Amanda Walton" on the memo line for general donations, or put specifically what the money is to be used for specific donations. (for example, "car maintenance" "food for orphanage" "most urgent need" etc)

Become a Day Sponsor

I am looking for 31 people who would be willing to become a day sponsor. This sponsorship is $20 per month. For a one time donation, click the button above, but for a monthly donation of $20, then click the "subscribe" button below.


Monthly Donors

Please choose an amount that you want contribute each month to support Amanda in Kenya.
DONATION OPTIONS

Join the Prayer Team

Sunday, July 18, 2010

PRAYER REQUESTS


Picture: Hesbon praying on the mountain! LOVE IT!

As promised here is a prayer request list in bullet format (my personal favorite thanks to my father ☺ )

• Rose’s request: strength and protection
• Rose’s request: Provision for the funding and building of Standard 7
• Safety and good health
• Continued language and cultural learning
• Continued relationships with those living in the Guest Home
• That I will have time alone with God (I’m often interrupted)
• That I will have time to spend with the children
• That I will have time to prepare for my lessons
• Basically that I will learn to have balanced time here
• That the children will get thru the cold season (they all have colds and runny noses)
• That God would allow me to encourage the teachers in truth and love
• That God would allow me to encourage the head teacher to be more assertive
• For good sleep and pleasant dreams (no matter how vivid they may be)
• A continued servants heart
• For the team from ISF (they will be here July 24th- August 4th or so)
• For my upcoming travels to Nairobi, Mombasa, and possibly Uganda
• For peace and rest to continue in Kenya
• For baby Joshua who is beginning to cut teeth
• For the children who have HIV to have good health, proper care, and medication
• For the children who travel far distances to walk to school each day
• For the leadership at Tumaini who make decisions on behalf of the children
• That I would be sensitive to the needs here and help in a way that is encouraging and culturally relevant.
• Pray that my matatu rides to the city are safe and that I choose wisely
• Pray for the Maasai guards that protect us at night… one is a believer the other is not
• That I would be able to continue a friendship I made at the phone store in Kakamega... Her name is Emily and she is a student working on her MBA.
• As always that those who may not have a relationship with Christ would come to know Him
• THAT THEY WILL KNOW US BY OUR LOVE

Thanks for all your prayers… Those of you who are on my prayer calendar I pray for you all day and I appreciate your prayers for me. .. If you want to be added to the prayer calendar just email me to day you want to pray…. I will pray for you and you for me. This truly has been an encouragement to me and helps me stay connected to friends and family at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment