The Giving Tree

God has provided in so many ways! This tracks God's faithfulness in financing this journey. Thank you for giving to Grow God's Kingdom. simple fundraisers
Free thermometers
to track your
green fundraisers I am looking for 31 monthly sponsors to fund one day each month ($20.00 per month) and pray on that day each month. On that day I will be praying for you as God continues to work in the US through you and the calling He has on your life. This tracks the number of committed monthly sponsors. simple fundraisers
Free thermometers
to track your
green fundraisers
FUND A MINUTE, HOUR, OR DAY





I did the math and this is cool: Below I have included a chart with how much it will cost for me to carry the GOSPEL to Kenya: Every minute counts and so does every penny, and when you think in terms of lives hearing and understanding the Gospel of Christ… we can’t afford not to give!



Expenses



Yearly

$ 6,000.00



Monthly

$ 500.00



Daily

$ 16.44



Hourly

$ 0.68



Minute

$ 0.01



Even a penny could change a life for all eternity.



Proverbs 11:25 “He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.”







Followers



Support the Adventure

Please consider supporting my African Adventure! All donations are potentially tax deductible through the International Sports Federation (a 501c3 organization). You can either pay electronically through paypal, or you can SEND A CHECK to International Sports Federation, PO BOX 2788, Acworth, GA 30102. Make sure to put "Amanda Walton" on the memo line for general donations, or put specifically what the money is to be used for specific donations. (for example, "car maintenance" "food for orphanage" "most urgent need" etc)

Become a Day Sponsor

I am looking for 31 people who would be willing to become a day sponsor. This sponsorship is $20 per month. For a one time donation, click the button above, but for a monthly donation of $20, then click the "subscribe" button below.


Monthly Donors

Please choose an amount that you want contribute each month to support Amanda in Kenya.
DONATION OPTIONS

Join the Prayer Team

Thursday, October 28, 2010

General Update:

Lots going on these days as we begin to wind down for the last term of the school year… the kids are working hard preparing for their exams and I am into all kinds of random assignments and tasks… not really sure how to organize this so I think I will report today with a bulleted list in honor of my very organized dad (who I got to talk to on the phone a few hours ago). So here we go
• Continue to lift up prayers for my friend at the school… if you don’t know what I am talking about refer to my 2 previous blogs.
• I am doing a Beth Moore Believing God study and it’s been amazing… always meets me where I am at and I have been teaching a 5 week series to our children at Tumaini… they are loving it. Pray for me as I prepare to talk about : I can do all things through Christ. We will be discussing the armor of God… can’t wait… drama involved with this one.
• I am continuing to work with the sponsorship program here at Tumaini. If you are interested in sponsoring a child you can do so at the following site: www.tumainimilesofsmiles.org
• Continue to pray for Rose as she continues her driving lessons. She is learning more and more each day but there are many more obstacles here in Kenya than in the US.
• Continue to pray for me as I help with Administrative tasks at Tumaini. God is definitely at work here. Pray that as we work together we will be able to communicate across cultural barriers. This is tough sometimes.
• Sophia and I read the book Heidi together and she loved it. She read more to me than I did to her. This kid reads anything she can get her hands on and she is so smart. I am a proud Auntie.
• Took Sophia and Silvia to town to be measure for their Christmas present from me. We all had matching skirts custom made… I will pick them up this afternoon…. So excited… they are going to look so cute. (hopefully pics to come)
• Last Saturday we had a celebration to celebrate Rose’s moms service in the PAG Church. The party was complete with many chicken, chapatti, mandazi, and a lot of dancing , singing, and praising. We had a wonderful time. I help prepare the meal and even carried water on my head all the way up a mountain. (being a Kenyan woman is hard work) I really admire these ladies.
• I am very excited to announce that I will be having a visitor from the US in 9 days. My very dear friend Amy is coming to visit. WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! Pray for her safe travel and for our time here in Kenya.
Okay it’s time to go for now, but again thanks for all your support. I will be home in Knoxville from Dec 2- Dec 30. Mark your calendars. Until then, much love and joy to each of you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment