The Giving Tree

God has provided in so many ways! This tracks God's faithfulness in financing this journey. Thank you for giving to Grow God's Kingdom. simple fundraisers
Free thermometers
to track your
green fundraisers I am looking for 31 monthly sponsors to fund one day each month ($20.00 per month) and pray on that day each month. On that day I will be praying for you as God continues to work in the US through you and the calling He has on your life. This tracks the number of committed monthly sponsors. simple fundraisers
Free thermometers
to track your
green fundraisers
FUND A MINUTE, HOUR, OR DAY





I did the math and this is cool: Below I have included a chart with how much it will cost for me to carry the GOSPEL to Kenya: Every minute counts and so does every penny, and when you think in terms of lives hearing and understanding the Gospel of Christ… we can’t afford not to give!



Expenses



Yearly

$ 6,000.00



Monthly

$ 500.00



Daily

$ 16.44



Hourly

$ 0.68



Minute

$ 0.01



Even a penny could change a life for all eternity.



Proverbs 11:25 “He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.”







Followers



Support the Adventure

Please consider supporting my African Adventure! All donations are potentially tax deductible through the International Sports Federation (a 501c3 organization). You can either pay electronically through paypal, or you can SEND A CHECK to International Sports Federation, PO BOX 2788, Acworth, GA 30102. Make sure to put "Amanda Walton" on the memo line for general donations, or put specifically what the money is to be used for specific donations. (for example, "car maintenance" "food for orphanage" "most urgent need" etc)

Become a Day Sponsor

I am looking for 31 people who would be willing to become a day sponsor. This sponsorship is $20 per month. For a one time donation, click the button above, but for a monthly donation of $20, then click the "subscribe" button below.


Monthly Donors

Please choose an amount that you want contribute each month to support Amanda in Kenya.
DONATION OPTIONS

Join the Prayer Team

Sunday, October 10, 2010

ATTENTION ALL PRAYER WARRIORS

Really cool story and prayer request:

A few weeks ago I was encouraging the teacher on duty for the week to lead us in morning prayer and one of the teachers had a concern that not all the teachers are from the same denomination, but what he really meant was not all the teachers are Christians. It was then that I learned we had a Muslim teacher among us. Rose didn't even know, so I had to revisit the plan for the teachers to lead morning prayer. For now I do this every morning. 2 days later the Muslim teacher requested prayer for his father, so I said sure and prayed for his father in the MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS. I continued to get updates on his father and he is now feeling better. Praise GOD!!!! Fastforward to this Friday and He again requested prayer for his sister and father. Then, no lie, he looked me striaght in the eye and said in the teacher work room, I want to become a Christian. Can you convert me to Christianity. WOW!!!!! A Muslim Kenyan man just sincerely asked a Mzungu Christian woman to convert him to Christianity. I told him I could not convert him but God could. In fear that he wanted favor in the sight of a mzungu woman instead of favor in the eyes of God, I told him that we could discuss further what it means to be a Christian with Hesbon (awesome Christian Kenyan MAN) as well. I planned to talk with him that afternoon but the rain caused me to get stuck at the corner office and I did not make it back to school that day. So on Saturday (yesterday) I went for a long walk and can you believe I met him on the road. I asked him how his dad and sister were feeling and he replied better thanks to your prayers. This was an open door for me to ask him if he was serious about becoming a Christian and he said yes. (I have to be very cautious of motives esp. when dealing with men. I make it a point to minister to women here and defer men to Godly Kenyan men.) I then asked him why, as to be certain of his motive. Praise GOD he replied, because your God answers prayers. I said yes he does because HE is a living God. I am going with Hesbon tomorrow to talk more with Him but I believe with all my heart he is sincere and we could all have another brother in Christ sometime this week. Who would have thought that Tumaini (A Christian School) could have unknowingly hired a Muslim teacher and that the kids and staff have poured into his life, being salt and light, and he wants what we have! Now that is what TUMAINI is all about! Our God is a Sovereign GOD!!!! Please join me in prayer for this man, as you are as much a part of this journey as I am! Blessings to you all, and I pray God meets you where you are at this moment and always!

The need for prayer was the seed that planted the desire for a LIVING GOD, now lets continue praying that this seed takes root!

Much LOVE!




0 comments:

Post a Comment