The Giving Tree

God has provided in so many ways! This tracks God's faithfulness in financing this journey. Thank you for giving to Grow God's Kingdom. simple fundraisers
Free thermometers
to track your
green fundraisers I am looking for 31 monthly sponsors to fund one day each month ($20.00 per month) and pray on that day each month. On that day I will be praying for you as God continues to work in the US through you and the calling He has on your life. This tracks the number of committed monthly sponsors. simple fundraisers
Free thermometers
to track your
green fundraisers
FUND A MINUTE, HOUR, OR DAY





I did the math and this is cool: Below I have included a chart with how much it will cost for me to carry the GOSPEL to Kenya: Every minute counts and so does every penny, and when you think in terms of lives hearing and understanding the Gospel of Christ… we can’t afford not to give!



Expenses



Yearly

$ 6,000.00



Monthly

$ 500.00



Daily

$ 16.44



Hourly

$ 0.68



Minute

$ 0.01



Even a penny could change a life for all eternity.



Proverbs 11:25 “He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.”







Followers



Support the Adventure

Please consider supporting my African Adventure! All donations are potentially tax deductible through the International Sports Federation (a 501c3 organization). You can either pay electronically through paypal, or you can SEND A CHECK to International Sports Federation, PO BOX 2788, Acworth, GA 30102. Make sure to put "Amanda Walton" on the memo line for general donations, or put specifically what the money is to be used for specific donations. (for example, "car maintenance" "food for orphanage" "most urgent need" etc)

Become a Day Sponsor

I am looking for 31 people who would be willing to become a day sponsor. This sponsorship is $20 per month. For a one time donation, click the button above, but for a monthly donation of $20, then click the "subscribe" button below.


Monthly Donors

Please choose an amount that you want contribute each month to support Amanda in Kenya.
DONATION OPTIONS

Join the Prayer Team

Monday, August 2, 2010

SKYPE IS WORKING IN THE CITY



So I will make this quick, but my friend "Chewy" had a baby on July 27th and I got to see him on skype today. Praise the Lord for modern technology.... It was awesome but skype tends to draw an audience, so it makes it hard to hear and forget privacy. I really wish skype worked in my room, but so far I've only found it to work in very public places. It's hard to be culturally sensitive when the only white person (mzungu) in the city is shouting and smiling at her computer. This time I did find what I thought to be a private place, but our matatu drivers found it interesting that I was talking on the computer with my friend in the US and they wanted to meet the new baby too! Welcome to Kenya! Lovin it here and lots of amazing stories to come. God is doing some amazing things and challenging me to live a life worthy of the calling. Prayer requests: the team is leaving tomorrow and my good friend teacha Bella (Bellar) is staying behind for a few days and then we will be traveling as well, so pray for us. 10 children accepted Christ after our VBS this week and many more had some very good questions about having a closer relationship with Jesus! Praise GOD!!!!!!! Please pray these young ones will continue to grow in their faith and that myself along with the staff will continue to come alongside of these new believers and encourage them to become active members in the body of Christ. Well it's the last night to be with the team so I should go, and again I have some great stories and God moments to share..... to be continued!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I admire you so much for what you are doing there. I am praying for you, daily. Your mom said you have been appointed principal of the school. I am sure you are getting everyone on a schedule. My question is how many snow days have you worked into the school year? Ha!
Be safe.
Leslie Bohanan

Bloggin' Robin said...

So thankful you are doing well. I think of you often. It seems the Lord is leading you and you are following. Praise God!

Post a Comment